Wednesday, May 20, 2009

are hours getting longer or shorter???











Reality is my playland of creation.The unleashing of imagination and what reality is, to you, me, as a colllective, as indigenous,or cultural groups etc. My reality has been pretty interesting.
There is alot of quiet, strong moments of strength these days. I have also really been prasing what I had and grieving for my losses. In a energetical puke! Or a quiet penetration of the wind, or what my dad used to say; sometimes you need to be like a sand piper who knows when to retreat befor the ocean tide comes in. I feel like I may have withdrawn to protect my creative flow.Things were feeling too external, and had to balance some things out. By doing so I have been very unavailable and pretty one track minded make art=sell art=eat=make love to my husband=make art=sell art=eat=sleep!!!!
It has been just over 5 years since I lost my Mom and best friend. Just now can I say that I am alright, back to work, making pretty things again. Just now can I praise the memories that I got to share. My sewing started with my Mom. She was a rad seamstress always wanting me to pay attention. I on the other hand was into horses and a fixation with Tattooing ( daddy!)
When we where finished chemo, and the full body blood and marrow transplant we were going to start a business together, she sews, I sell
When she passed I inherited her studio, and discovered making table napkins, then t shirt surgery and the rest is history (from dishwashing to owning my own business)
Every peice is a internal homage to her, our plans, my unknown fate of designing clothes
( i have a debt from going to film school????)
Hence realities changing, I nevr thought I would feel very much again, you know? just devastated. Whats girl to do without her Mom at 23???
Well I got my shit together and stopped sucking on the liquor, spending alot of time with my now qiuetened mind and did the freekin work!!
NOW is beautiful
NOW I feel alive
NOW can create again
NOW my reality has changed.
My heart is healed and beat normally.
I will never forget ALL the time we spent together FOREVER!!!
Here is some documentaion of my days.......


finding beauty on a rainy day,new studio,etc...

No comments: